Trainee – Open up a career
Got no experience from windscreen repair and replacement? Embark on a career with us as part of our Trainee programme. You will get to work with the latest equipment in a friendly environment and with excellent career prospects.
“People here are great and there really is a balance between work and spare time.”
– Dan, Trainee Technician
Meet Leon & Jon
Our Leicester Training Centre
Our modern research, fitting and training centre in Leicester is where your initial training will take place. The facility was opened in 2022 and houses fitting and calibration operations as well as an area dedicated for training.
Our Training Programme
Once enrolled in our training programme you will earn as you learn on your way to becoming a certified Windscreen Technician.
Being a Trainee with National Windscreens means that:
- You will receive high standard quality training delivered by experienced and qualified trainers and technicians.
- We will work with you to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in Automotive Glazing to NVQ level 2 and 3.
- After 10 weeks of training including classroom based learning and real experience with other qualified Technicians, you will be able to work independently.
- You will receive on-going support and assistance ensuring you remain up to date with techniques and processes.
- If selected you will also receive training on Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) calibration, hybrid and electric vehicles.
Once trained your job will be to repair and replace windscreens and body glass, and to provide our customers with excellent service.
National Recognised Qualifications
Our Culture – Simplify, Empower, Smarter, Caring, Together
We pride ourselves on our diverse range of employees and are committed to an equal opportunities policy for recruitment, training and development
A great place to work
Good pay, ongoing training & career progression.
Earn as you learn with NVQ training.
Making a difference
Helping people stay on the road.